Jul 28, 2011

And the Award Goes to...

Yes, I have this habit of reading and re-reading my own posts. At times, I pity the shit I produce at a gap of every four-five days  (Ok!sometimes its even 10 days). But more often than not, I pat my own back for writing at least 'some' good stuff. Yes, I  am a semi-narcissist.

While checking out readers' response to my terrorism-related post, I came across this comment from Mansi Kashyap which comprised a wonderful gesture. She presented me with the 'Best New Blogger Award'. Whats makes it special is not just the fact I received this award from a loyal reader of mine, but from a seasoned blogger and writer. This is first gesture of this kind that has come my way and I still have little knowledge about how the blogosphere functions, So, thanks Mansi for not just giving me the award but also guiding me thereafter. I begin with some words for you..




I and Mansi know each other from few months only. But the magic of reading and writing has helped us bond well. We became FB friends through one of our very good common friends Harsh, and since then its all been about 'likes' and 'comments'. She has a a great taste of music and her command over writing craft is impressive. And guess what, all  this  while she  was  reading my blog posts, FB notes and I was saying thank you, I had no clue that she is a blogger too! The fact that she is a prolific blogger, came to my knowledge, very recently. Stupid, yes I am!

Now, this award requires me to

1. Write a post displaying the award.
2. Write three good things about blogging.
 
3. Write three bad things about blogging.
4. Pass on this award to three new bloggers.


No.1 I have done. Three good things about blogging...
  • Its my world. My own little baby, You like it.You are Welcome.You Dont like, You are most welcome
  • I feel connected and updated. I have a voice
  • You get to know your strengths and weaknesses. Friends do flatter you. But they do tell you in case you end up writing utter crap.
3 Bad things:
  • Addictive
  • Nothing else
  • Yeah,Nothing else
And I pass on the Award to:

You have to be no. 1: Aashayein. I mean do not know, if I can pass on the award to the same person who bestowed it on me. But I am learning tricks of blogging from you. Your blog is fantastic. The whole package is awesome. Yes, I am talking about you Mansi. :)

No.2-  Naman Kapur's Lebnoxical Way. A young 'could-have-been-engineer',is into some great stuff. Writing reviews for books and movies. He has a very sharp command over language. And his writing skill is developing each day. 

No.3- The only Hindi Blog That I follow Shekhar Suman's खामोश दिल की सुगबुगाहट. A Fellow Bihari. He is the master. He is ruling the charts. He is awesome. Check out the link to believe me. BTW ,he is not Movers and Shakers wala Shekhar Suman.

I will keep writing. And yes, awards, they will come. :)


I know you are waiting for When Harry Met Joanne-2! (wink)


Thank You Mansi! :-)

7 comments:

  1. ohh !!! this is something unexpected to me... i never thought that somebody is reading and liking my blog so much....
    thankz for this award, i m highly obliged...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome shekhar...and yes I do follow your blog keenly, though I may not be commenting so often..You are doing some great work..Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much Ashish....that's really nice of you...and rules r meant to be broken right? :-P so your award is humbly accepted :-)
    And trust me getting appreciation from writer like you is really an honor!
    Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks a tonne Ashish! Never expected an appreciation in a way like this! So, so overwhelmed!! Thanks a lot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mansi And Lebnox:Its an award well deserved by both of you. Thank YOU guys for doing some great job!

    Cheers :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came to this post. Again'....

    ReplyDelete